Need Check Valve

reefiness

im looking for a check valve for my 3/4"D - 5/8" ID vinyl tubing return and cant find one. I cant even find PVC that size or i would change to PVC. does anyone know where i can get one. or give me a model # and ill look it up online. The omedepot next to me diesnt have the size all they have in that size is brass which im not using.

murph145

i dont know of any plumming parts at 5/8" ur guna need to change it to 3/4 or 1/2
u can get a 3/4" check valave then reduce down to a 1/2" on the one end with a slip in reducer
dont use a homedepot check vallve they have a metal spring that makes them work get one from the other web site lol that sells fish stuff lol
ive got a 1" for my return line from my sump its all clear and uses plastic and rubber so its saltwater safe meant for aquariums cost me like $19 for it
u need info u can email me

maze

I agree, don't use a cheapo check valve.
The one I use is made by the Swiss, and it is a "Y" check valve that you can take apart and clean inline. Works awesome and worth the price. About $38 but I sleep well at night knowing it works.
Go to aquarium pros dot com (only place I've found that sells this type of Y check valve)
Type this into their search field: Swiss WYE Check Valve

reefiness

i think i know what im going to do. im gona get the check valve from the doctors. and im gona get 2 3/4" pvc tubes with one end slip on and other male threaded. then ill get 2 female- insert adapters and then connect the vinyl tubing on the ends and put metal clamps on either side. i think it should work im just going to need to find some non toxic pvc glue to work with.

squidd

Or you could just drill an anti siphon hole in the return and skip the whole fail prone check valve thing...

tony detroit

Listen to Squidd..
I've had a couple check valves fail
For one they restrict your pump
and two they fail left and right.