Need Clown fish Help

jmaggi

:happyfish
My clown fish have just become a matted pair, and have just laid a little over 20 some eggs.
To ensure that the eggs have a good chance of hatching, what do I need to do
Should I remove my snails, hermit crabs, starfish, coral banded shrimp, and anenomi. or should I somehow transport the eggs into a small hang on tank with the parents.
What are my best options :help:

dawman

Well , don`t worry about the first batch of eggs . You need to grow rotifier and plankton cultures to feed the fry . Also it takes the new parents a few tries to get everything right . 20 eggs is a very low number , sure they are eggs ? Usually there is 100-500 eggs and with the fish new to this and you new to this the succes rate is low . Do you have the following books , Clownfishes -by Joyce Wilkerson , Plankton Culture Manual- by Hoff & Snell , Conditioning , Spawning , and Rearing of fish with Emphasis on Marine Clownfish - by Frank Hoff ?
If not I suggest getting them . Have great info , tips , and how to get the supplies and cultures needed .

dawman

Well , don`t worry about the first batch of eggs . You need to grow rotifier and plankton cultures to feed the fry . Also it takes the new parents a few tries to get everything right . 20 eggs is a very low number , sure they are eggs ? Usually there is 100-500 eggs and with the fish new to this and you new to this the success rate is low . Do you have the following books , Clownfishes -by Joyce Wilkerson , Plankton Culture Manual- by Hoff & Snell , Conditioning , Spawning , and Rearing of fish with Emphasis on Marine Clownfish - by Frank Hoff ?
If not I suggest getting them . Have great info , tips , and how to get the supplies and cultures needed .

adameczd

can anyone help with my new anenomi? just introduced it to my tank and it's laying on it's side. tried proping it up but keeps rolling back over. will it stand up on it's own?

reaume_23

It should be fine, I would just leave it alone and it should find a spot and attach on its own. Thats what mine have done