Need (Cowfish) Help ASAP!

kev

I just walked in the house tonight, I went to feed my fish and saw my longhorned cowfish struggling to swim! I know that they sometimes have a hard time getting rid of bubbles in their system. I think this may be the case with mine. Earlier this morning I also noticed him stuck to the hot magnum(which has claimed my red scooter blenny not to long ago.) I think that he's getting worse... Water quality is fine, with 0 nitrates. This is really bothering me bc I know that if they die in the tank they pretty much wipe the whole tank out! I'm not really sure what to do with him at this point, I tried feeding it a minute ago and he was going after food but he just had a hard time swimming around to eat it. I put him in my QT tank, is there anything I can do to help him or is he doomed pretty much? (BTW, he's about 2in long with his horns.) :eek: :confused: :eek:

kev

Well, he made it through the night. I fed him alot this morning(still having alot of trouble swimming.) After he ate a bunch of bloodworms he passes ALOT of gas. Anyone else ever have these probs with their cowfish?? Eating is what helped him out! If I wouldnt have fed him I bet he wouldn't have made it. He seems perfectly fine now, and I'm slowly transfering him over to the main tank again. So, if he appears to be swimming good now after all that drama last night should he be ok now? :D

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Lets see if we can get Terry's attention.
BTW: Fix the problem with the HOT filter!