Need help ASAP, fish jumped

perchpsk

I got up this morning and found my 10" Golden Puffer lying on the floor. I cleaned the tank yesterday and apparently forgot to put half of the lid back on.
Anyway he looked dried up and dead, but then I saw him move his eye to look at me and a fin moved. He was pretty dry and I had to scrape him off the floor. I put him back in the tank and he moved around a bit. About an hour later he was swimming normal, but bumping in to EVERYTHING. His eyes are very glossy.
I just checked on him again, and he has a white film over his eyes and he is hiding in the bottom corner of the tank, breathing heavily, and not moving much.
Is there ANYTHING I can do to help him???

bonebrake

Not really, except hope for the best and make sure no other fish are bothering him. To the best of my knowledge, most, if not all, puffers are not to be exposed to air ever. It usually kills them when they are.
I am sorry for your puffer, I hope he can pull through, but the odds are against him.

perchpsk

I was amazed to see that he swam when he hit water. About an hour after being back in the tank he looked very good except for his eyes which have a while film over them. He couldnt see well and bumped into everything. Now he is still alive, just hiding in the corner.
Hope he pulls through!!!