Need help ASAP for return pump

crox

I need some ideas on how should I place my external pump into my stand. I have a 40 gal sump/fugium with the return in the middle. I was thinking to drill a hole on the side for the return pump but I don't have enough space for the plumbing. :help: :help: :help: What should I do? I don't want to use an internal pump. Can someone help design the plumbing?

justakid

Why dont you want to use an internal pump? Something like a mag drive might be eaiser.
Anyway, post some pictures and we could have a better idea of what you are describing and then help you.

crox

The sapce between the side of the sump and the stand is only 5". I don't think an 1.5" 90 elbow is small enough to fit in between.

dogstar

Originally Posted by Crox
Dog
Will that reduce the flow?
a little, not much..whats the GPH on the pump ?

dogstar

Well, that may be too much flow for a 40g and could end up with some bubble trouble, esp. with the center return style. Will have to leave some room for power failure....test runs will tell. Hope it works out OK for ya....Will your Overflows handle that much flow.?? Is the main tank a 75g like your profile says ?

nigerbang

I have a 850gph currently...going today to buy a CA4000 1300gph...holy crap..thats alot...oh well it will give me my turnover rate in my 92

crox

Originally Posted by Iseayou
a little off the topic but crox where you get your baffles for your sump made/cut?

Why? They don't look good?