Need Help!!! Colt Coral Problem

ghost5.0

I have had a colt coral for quit some time now and we had a dual daylight bulb go out on our tank and since then our coral has not came out our water parameters are good here is what it looks like now

it looks like it has cob webs on it is it in shock what can i do to help it we got our bulb in after 3 days of not having one. HELP!!!!! SOME one pls

J

jrthomas40

have you tried spot feeding it and maybe adding some type of supplement???

hagfish

You don't really need to spot feed a colt coral and it doesn't really need supplements. Did you replace the bad light? What kind of lights are these? Dual daylight sounds like normal output lighting to me. If that's the case you really need to upgrade to power compacts or better.

hagfish

Originally Posted by GHOST5.0
i add calcium to the tank everyday
Are you testing your calcium level? If so, what is it at? What are your other water parameters?

ghost5.0

Originally Posted by hagfish
You don't really need to spot feed a colt coral and it doesn't really need supplements. Did you replace the bad light? What kind of lights are these? Dual daylight sounds like normal output lighting to me. If that's the case you really need to upgrade to power compacts or better.

i finally got a new bulb in yesterday after 3 days without what do i need to do to upgrade my compact light to a power compact light thanks alot

shrmnator

i say leave it and see how it does.. i lost a halide due to a ballast problem for 2 or 3 days, but the other still spreads some light on that side, so i had minimal brownage.. actually, the only thing that went brown was the polyps on my purple gorgonian..

hagfish

I'm still not clear on what kind of lights these actually are. If you can give the size and wattages of the bulbs that will probably help.