Need help fast

freebyrds6

Where can I find that plactic mold frames that is at the top and bottom of my glass aquarium, mine are cracking and my tank is bowing. :help: :help: :help:

who dey

Originally Posted by freebyrds6
Where can I find that plactic mold frames that is at the top and bottom of my glass aquarium, mine are cracking and my tank is bowing. :help: :help: :help:
contact the manufacturer or the lfs where you bought it

freebyrds6

Had this tank for several year, the lfs where i bought it is 1200 miles away, i have moved. and local lfs does not have any connections. All-Glass does not have a direct number. Thanks

catawaba

Do you have any "L" braces you can use in the meantime?
Lower the water volume a bit if you can. Every gallon = pressure.

scsinet

Go to Lowes or Home Depot, etc and get some 1x2 OAK... maybe 2 pieces 24" long each. Don't get pine or another soft wood.
Use tape or a helper to temporarily hold each piece along the top edge of the tank, with the center point of each piece in front/behind the cracked brace.
Then, take a bar clamp like an Irwin Quick-Grip and close it down across the tank, pinching the pieces of wood against the tank... the pieces of wood will help spread the pressure of the clamp across the front and back. Clamp down with very moderate pressure.... just hard enough to hold the wood in place. Do not attempt to pull the bow out, you may shatter the glass with all the pressure on it. This should help prevent the bowing from getting worse until you get things sorted out.