need help fast!!!!!

ppanthrah75

ive been fighting ich with my blue hippo for a little over a week now. most of which i was on vacation so my father in law was doing the kent rx-p treatment and feeding pellets saturated with garlic formula. im back now and yesterday bought a quarentine tank set it up. my question is how long before i cant put the blue hippo into this tank and does with copper. the main tank which it is in is a 150 gal reef. ur thoughts on the quarentine tank would b grately appreciated.

doggie

I guess it depends on how far gone the fish is.
You can fill up the QT with water from your main tank. Add as few pieces of live rock too. Just keep testing the water.
May sure you take the rock out of the QT before you start copper. You can also put a sponge or some other material in your tank or sump to get some good bacteria on it and transfer it to your QT.

If you have other fish in your main tank they will need treated also.

al mc

In my opinion more fish die from being put into a poorly cycled QT/HT trying to save them from Ich versus the Ich itself. Is it possible to try hyposalinity on your DT and move the inverts to the QT? Just some things to think about or ask questions about before making a treatment plan.
If you have not already done so....read beth's archived thread on treating Ich.
While I have personally used cupramine (copper) as a treatment on a Tang before, many people feel that Tangs and copper treatments do not mix well.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mc http:///forum/thread/380178/need-help-fast#post_3308562
In my opinion more fish die from being put into a poorly cycled QT/HT trying to save them from Ich versus the Ich itself. Is it possible to try hyposalinity on your DT and move the inverts to the QT? Just some things to think about or ask questions about before making a treatment plan.
If you have not already done so....read beth's archived thread on treating Ich.
While I have personally used cupramine (copper) as a treatment on a Tang before, many people feel that Tangs and copper treatments do not mix well.
+1