Need help Identifying spots

shrade

Hello everyone!
Could I get some help identifying some white spots that are rapidly showing up in my tank.
I will attach several photos
The first photo shows a close-up of the spots next to the Snail.
The next photo shows some of the spots on the back wall of the tank.
The last picture shows the entire tank. The spots are everywhere, including on snail shells and on the live rock.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Mike

shrade

Wamp,
They are hard, The only thing I could compare them to is maybe a calcium depozit (had to do it jamesurq)
I have snail eggs everywhere. I believe you can see them in the pictures. I must have 6 different snails laying eggs about every three days. I will include a picture of them so we will all be on the same page.
Thanks again for the info
Wamp, any ideas on what the hard spots are?
Here are the snail eggs.

msladydarkness

I would guess calcium deposits sicne they are hard and white in color.
If you have a master test kit...test for calcium and if the level is higher then the kit says it should be, then calcium deposits are what they are.

wamp

Looks like coraline to me... I have been wrong in the past though. Usually calcium deposits, or the begining of them at least, would show up as milky water first, then begin to solidify on the top of the water around the edges of the glass. Coraline however, will develop in small circular spots and then grow out. It starts off white and then gets it's color later.
Eitheir way, you can scrap it off.

bethany

I asked about these same small white things and someone tole me they are filter feeders and I should leave them alone!!!