need help losing sleep

mako

I have a 55 loaded with hard and soft corals last week my long tentacle plate shriveled up and died in three days and now my star poylups and a huge greenfinger is not looking to great.
ammonia 0
trites 0
trates 15
phosphates 0.2 last night [installed sponge]
p.h. 8.1
calcium 420+-
magnesium 1292+-
lighting 2 uri vho 1 & 1 super atinic vho
150 wet dry and my protene skimmer is kicking. 10% water changes everyother week. I gotta be missing somthing but I don't know what it is?

mako

No but I am very carefull with what goes into the tank or even around the tank for that matter and even pull random tests on the r/o water I use but I think I will test for metals
I just now wittnessed my flame angle take two big chomps at the green finger probly because I've cut bake feedings to every three days. But that still dos'nt explain the plate or my star polups or does it?
just out of curiosity how often do you people feed you fish in a reef inviroment I have heard from a handfull of acomplished aquirists 3 days to one week even

clayton

Maybe the nitrates. 15ppm is very high compared to reefs.
pH is also a bit low, has it always been 8.1?
My feeding goes down to once a month, on average once every 2 weeks - more of a suppliment realy.

mako

hey calyton hows bussness I was just going to E-mail you sunday on your advice on proagateing corals but now I have to deal with this first I'm not sure why my trates are so high I can't seem to get them any lower I even installed a coil denitrateer 2 mo. ago. It may be a false reading from the coral vital and rotorich that I use. I have been trying to cut the feeding but I can't have my fish munching on my corals
my P.H. is always betweem 8.1 and 8.2 depends on the time of day and how much kalkwassar I'm dripping. How about ozone from the denitrater? or the fact that I just changed from power compacts 108 watts to vho,s 330 watts? every thing that I am reading says that the corals that I"m haveing trouble with are not that particular about light which I would consider moderate now.

mako

hey calyton hows bussness I was just going to E-mail you sunday on your advice on proagateing corals but now I have to deal with this first I'm not sure why my trates are so high I can't seem to get them any lower I even installed a coil denitrateer 2 mo. ago. It may be a false reading from the coral vital and rotorich that I use. I have been trying to cut the feeding but I can't have my fish munching on my corals
my P.H. is always betweem 8.1 and 8.2 depends on the time of day and how much kalkwassar I'm dripping. How about ozone from the denitrater? or the fact that I just changed from power compacts 108 watts to vho,s 330 watts? every thing that I am reading says that the corals that I"m haveing trouble with are not that particular about light which I would consider moderate now.

mako

well its got to the flame angle I've seen it munching on my green finger several times and my xenia and toadstool
ANY BODY WANT A CORAL MUNCHING FLAME, CHEAP!!!
CAUSE TOMOROW ITS HISTORY [if I can catch it]