need help on algie growth

rickstar

:notsure: i guys my 55 seems to be getting far to much green algie growth all over the l/rock im very restricted with what i can put to control this , because of the in mates ive got in the tank triggers, wrasses,etc. i just purchesed a lemon peel tang so that it can feed on the algie but so far hes more interested in the frozen shrimp (first non veg tang?)lol.it would be nice to see the live rock like it use to the lights that i run are flouro tubes 2 x 30 watts blue and white.
any advise would be great, thanks.
rick.

dplantz

My only suggestion is that you either chech your magnisium
or it could possibly be from to much sunlight so close the blinds
this is my only help because you cant have any inverts :happyfish

shawnhardy

How long do you have your lights on per day? What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? Are you using tap water for water changes?

rickstar

:confused: the lights are on for 9 hours per day, and the water used for water changes is sea water.the tank is been running for two years without a problem its just that it would look better if this algie was not there and its a shame that i cant get fish to eat it cause of the fish that are in there already. anyway guys thanks for your reply.

900dublr

What kind of cleaning crew do u have? U might need to add some snails and crabs to take care of some of the algae. Also why wouldnt your fish be eating b/c of algae?

rickstar

i cant have cleanup crew because the trigger would have them for breakfast! (he loves snails, live shrimp, etc)
the trigger its a bit of algie but not as much as i would like to be.:cheer:

loopy

do you have a blenny? I don't have ANY algae and need some....so we are on opposite sides of the problem. Maybe we should just trade water....:)
Good Luck!!!