Need help on ballast question

allen1973

I bought 2 250w metal halide pendants off a popular bidding site.The guy sent me crappie fixtures,but everything else is good(ballast and such).Poor craftmanship and such.I can send them back but it would be a pain.So my question is,are the ballast universal so if I bought a retro fit kit or different pendants(just fixtures) from someone else would I still be able to use these ballast.The pendants I have only plug into ballast.ANY opinions and happy thoughts aprecciated.Thanks

hbradyr

can you discribe the ballast, or is there any numbers on the ballast? is the ballast a multi tap ballast? might be able to help with a little more info. rich

golfish

Originally Posted by Allen1973
ISo my question is,are the ballast universal so if I bought a retro fit kit or different pendants(just fixtures) from someone else would I still be able to use these ballast.

They wont be plug n play, meaning the plugs probably wont match up but that's no biggie. You'll have to wire em but there should be no problems..I run different ballasts and pendants but then my ballast are loacted 50 feet from the tank.

mitzel

just make sure the wattage for the new pedant lighting is rated the same as your ballists