need help on choosing calcium supplement

reefnut

ESV B-Ionic Calcium Buffer or equal would by far be the best for a 12g nano. It not only adds calcium but it also adds alkalinity in a balanced proportion.
Don't forget the calcium and alkalinity test kits... Salifert makes some of the best test kits for ca/alk.

garrett042

thanks for the advise...i will prolly check with my lfs to see if they have what your talking about...thanks again though

nm reef

Any of the two part additives designed to suppliment calcium and alkalinity would work. I prefer Seachem products myself.

nm reef

...but...I forgot to add that prior to using additives you'll need a good quality test kit to measure calcium ... alkalinity .. PH. Plus there is little point to supplimenting if there is no need. In most situations without a high calcium demand normal routine water changes will adaquately mainatin proper levels.

reefnut

lol, looks like everyone has their favorites... but any of the high quality two part additive will do the job.

saltn00b

hey NM, my calcium was just on the borderline low end of the target range for my test kit. i forgot the brand of this one, but said 20-25 drops is the range, and i was at about 19.5....
anyway i just recently added my only stonie corals, a bunch of what i believe to be hammers, about 7-8 branch heads. its in my 150g. anyway i have a natureef kalkwasser additive. is this what i should be adding? or is there something different strictly for calcium?
also with that coral / water ratio at what rate would i need to or expect to dose calcium?
thanks. sorry this is in the nano section