need help on geting a new skimmer

S

sand125

i have a sea clone100....its suck ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how much better is the Coralife Super Skimmers.....
can you name some good skimmers for ME

N

nereef

what size of tank? do you want a h.o.t. or an in-sump?
i have a coralife super skimmer hanging on my tank, and i have been pretty pleased...after some tweaking.

S

sand125

Originally Posted by NEreef
i have a coralife super skimmer hanging on my tank, and i have been pretty pleased...after some tweaking.

10g ...soon 24g.... looking for a good hang on skimmer

S

sand125

does your skimmer pull alot of junk out

N

nereef

mine pulls out a lot of junk on my 90. i think the smaller superskimmer (possibly 60 gal. model?) would work great on a 24.

S

sand125

mine pulls out a lot of junk on my 90. i think the smaller superskimmer (possibly 60 gal. model?) would work great on a 24.

what size is your skimmer

teen

i use the coralife super skimmer on my 30 gal. its rated for 65 gallons and it pulls a lot of junk out. it can hang on back or go in the sump. i highly recomend it

N

nereef

Originally Posted by sand125
what size is your skimmer
i don't remember, but the super skimmers come in two sizes, as far as i know. i have the one bigger than the 65

S

sand125

Originally Posted by teen
i use the coralife super skimmer on my 30 gal. its rated for 65 gallons and it pulls a lot of junk out. it can hang on back or go in the sump. i highly recomend it

some one was saying the red knob leeks

seannmelly

i have a super skimmer 125 series and it works great pulls out alot of junk, oh and the red knob doeant leak

S

sand125

Originally Posted by teen

do you have the new coralife super skimmer ...if so does the red knob leek

partsman

Originally Posted by sand125
10g ...soon 24g.... looking for a good hang on skimmer
the coralife superskimmers are really nice units - especially for their price. just be careful that you have enough area to hang even the smallest one ( 65 gallon ) because they need at least 10 - 11 inches of height to hang off the top lip of your tank and if you use the return skimmer box it really take up a lot of back wall space. i tried one on a 20 gallon tank i was setting up and just couldn't get happy with all the area it took up so i moved it to my 120 gallon reef . i bought a AquaC Remora - hang on for the 20 gallon and paid a little more for it but it really works well and takes up very little space . also it dumps less micro bubbles back into the tanks than the coralife does.
don;t waste the extra $ for the model with the drain valve either - you'll find it's more of a pain than a feature. i plugged mine with a nylon plug and illiminated the drain hose feature.
all in all i really like the cora life super skimmer better though - i just wish it took up less room to mount - i'm sure it would be better suited in a sump than as a hang on back unit.
the coralife really sucks up some nasty stuff though - so effecient you gotta be careful when you add almost any additive or trace elements - goes wild almost within a few seconds pulling it out of the water.
i also had a seaclone at one time - and compared to it - the seaclone was a good first or begginners skimmer..............
sorry to go one here - ( lengthy) - but really happy with both the coralife and the aquac remora .........
michael

partsman

Originally Posted by rs1831
I have a remora skimmer with a rio 800 and I really like it.
if your rio dies - go with the maxi 1200 - really great performance .

partsman

Originally Posted by rs1831
Is it worth getting the maxi jet now or just wait until the rio quits on me?
i'd start shopping for the best price now because the rio will crap out sooner or later.
M