need help please feather duster

tiffbritty

i just got a feather duster tonight . my ? is do i put him on the live rock or leave him on the live sand or does it matter? thanks any help would be great.:)

killafins

when i got mine, the tube was in a kind of cork screw format, so what i did was slide him onto a ornament that can fit through it. Soon he tightened onto it and remained there since. Personally, i would put him on some rock rivet or something where he will feel secure with the currents.

wyldgunz

I stuck mine in various places 2 of them i set on the substrate and 2 i put between liverocks. youll go through about a month of them tipping over now and then.. just upright them and evebtually they will attach themselves.

killafins

that is kind of why i recommend the ridge in the live rock. I know some people that kind of bury them in substrate (well i read that)... but i havn't decided if that's mean or not... *sigh*

cb

I have one that has taken up residence in a old turbo snail shell. Looks pretty cool when it's feathers are out.:)

rbmount

My first one came attached to a clam shell,so it went on a flat spot on some rock,the others I put in creavices in lr where the current is kinda slow and they are doing fine. When i feed them they spin around gathering food and it's cool watching them feed.