NEED HELP, protein skimmer broken!!!

ssc351

Hey,
Ive got a prizm pro and it is still flowing and it sounds like the motor is still running but there are no bubbles being created. Basically, water is just running through and not really doing anything. What's wrong? Is it my water? Is the prizm pro broken?
Thanks,
Travis

phoenixinx

What about your SG?
My skimmer was doing the same thing, and my salinity was way low. Brought it back up, and the skimmer was back to normal.
Check that.

scottnj

I had a smiliar problem with a prizim, it may be that the air hole is blocked or clogged with salt. I would take the water intake tube off, and then try blowing through the air tube to see if air is passing. If not, you can try soaking it in warm water, maybe even with a little vinigar in it to see if the blockage dissolves.
-Scott

ssc351

hey,
thanks i will try those things, but I did check the air tube and it seemed to be clear, i will look again. My SG was a bit low, 1.21, but nothing major.

I hav a magnetic drive pump for my return and if it gets a chunk of debris lodged between the impeller and housing, then the motor will continue to spin, but the impeller is stuck fast.
Check to see if the impeller is spinning.