need help quickly thanks!

rsd

I know, I know. Big mistake. I see that now.
Added a coral beauty to the tank. Every body sets pecking order and such. Long story short I had to remove a fish from my reef.
2 problems
1: had to remove bubble/pearl coral so I could catch the fish I would love to kill right now. I disturbed the coral so that it would "close" up since I had to pull it out of the water... put it in a bucket of tank water.
wHEN i PUT IT BACK IN THE MAIN TANK IT HAS "SWALLOWED" AIR. aS IT IS RE-INFLATING BACK TO NORMAL IT HAS TWO POLYPS WITH "AIR BUBBLES" TRAPPED INSIDE.
WILL IT RELEASE THESE ON ITS OWN.. YEAH RIGHT.
CAN I DO ANYTHING TO HELP IT? POP THE BUBBLE? MASSAGE IT OUT?
2: the coral beauty got stressed and has a single "puff" (very small) on one fin. Might be ich. How do I treat ich in a reef tank... I'll search the posts too... for now I need help mostly with the bubble coral.
Thanks for helping me through my ignorance.
RSD

rsd

No I don't have a QT tank set up. I do have a tank and am making water for a water change now. I figure tomorrow I could pull out 20 gals of tank water and replace 20 with new slat water. (its a 100 gal system).
Then I can set up a qt tank for a couple days anyways... I'm thinking I can continually swap 5 gallons out of my main tank each day into the qt tank if I have too. In the Qt I could also run chemi pure and a skimmer.
I do have other fish in the tank. 2 clown gobies, 1 percula clown, 1 bicolor, and 1 six line. The coral beauty was to be the final fish. I've been watching her in the store for a while and their system has been clean for a long time... I'm in there daily. She is the most active CB I've seen and her colors awesome. I couldn't wait anylonger (they wouldn't hold her any longer without $$)
So I added her and gave up on the fish trap for the flame angel I wanted out. So 2 days of trying "nicely" net the flame and said heck with it and filled buckets up with water for the corals/LR and went at it.

rsd

BTW The CB has a small puff... its whitish... looks like a very small piece of cotton... but it is on the very tip of a pectral fin and could also just be from a nip. She also has 1 scale that is "loose" from the friggin flame angel.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have turned off the tank lights for now so that they may all recover.... I'm really worried about the Bubble coral. It is re-extending its polyps like nothings wrong... but I see that 2 polyps are pulled up like "hot air balloons."
All other corals have begun to extend feeder/sweeper tentacles to begin their usual night time feeding.

rsd

Yes all fish (except the flame angel) are still in the display tank. I had enough trouble catching the flame I didn't want to kill everything trying to get the rest.
I only noticed the "puff" today at 7pm.... thus the start of the removal of the flame. I have been watching her about every hour (i work from home). No major signs of sickness until this little "puff". I decided it was time to quit being nice and remove the damn flame angel.
Flame is the reason for all this trouble. The flame is in the fuge until morning. It was the only place to put it to keep proper temp/water flow/ etc. It was also the one to create all the problems. Relentlessly picked at the CB.

rsd

Thanks for the advice. I'll see how both look in AM. What about the bubbles in my bubble coral... any suggestions.
Thanks again for your advice on the CB. I knew better than to have 2 dwarf angels in one tank but the friggin flame was way to smart to get caught in a timely manner. Who would have guessed it would come out of a hole, stop, and honestly look around for my nets. If it saw one it would just back up and hide in the rocks. If I opened the lid all the other fish would go to the surface to be fed and it would hide.
Anyways... thanks again for you info. I just need someone to help with the coral now and a little luck with my cb.

rsd

As usual I got stupid and impatient... but lucky. grabbed a lfs bag (plastic) and put my hand in it. Then I slowly began rubbing the polyps with the bubbles. They retracted and when they did the bubble would move to a different polyp. I then would urge the bubble to move to polyps that were near the mouth of the coral. Finally it burped out a bubble. The second didn't go as easy but it finally left aswell.
I BURPED MY CORAL!!!!
All pokyps have extended fully again and it looks like everything is alright again. Every coral I needed to move out of the tank has begun feeding and looking fine!
The cB is in a cave and looking fine. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it "spots" anywhere else. I know their fin growth is great so with the flame gone it should be good to go in about a week.
Thanks again for the advice!