Need Help!!!!! So frustrated!

temple2101

Alright ... I just received my nice no ro/di unit today and was so excited as I started opening the box. Well, now I'm not so excited. I just can't figure this thing out! I will try to describe this as best I can. I am hooking up the unit to a faucet (temporary connection because I am in a rented house). I bought a faucet adapter to adapt the line into the faucet and everything seems to be ok with that. I connected everything the way it is supposed to be. When I turn the unit on I get a little water out of the discharge line (i'm assuming that's normal) and a very small trickle in the main line that is supposed to be producing the ro/di water. I don't understand what is wrong? I know everything is connected right, and I have checked for leaks and there are none. In my troubleshoot testing I connected the output line right after the ro membrane and still only got a trickle .... so it seems like that's where the problem is. Anyone got any advice? The unit is an Aqua Safe 6 stage unit and the company I ordered from is closed, so hopefully someone here can help! Thanks guys!!!
Oh ya ... one more thing ... do you think this has to do with the psi???

harlequinnut

Don't know much about ro/di units but I've read in other posts that a trickle is all ur suppose to get which is why you have gpd(gallons per day)It can only produce so many gallons in a day. The discharge line would be your waste water.

temple2101

:D thanks Harlequinn ... did some research ... you're right! i'm embarrased now ... oh well, you live and learn.

vavoom

Yep, Reverse ossmossis is a sloooow process. But when it runs non stop, that tlittle trickle will add up;)

nicky1.8t

this is probably a dumb question but do you have to have your water running to make the unit produce the ro? I am a little confused about the way that they work. Any help would be great

D

daniel411

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
this is probably a dumb question but do you have to have your water running to make the unit produce the ro? I am a little confused about the way that they work. Any help would be great

yep

foxthorn

Just for comparison...
I have a 75GPD RO/DI (6-stage) and make a measuring cup of water in 1 minute 50 seconds which is about a gal of water in 29 minutes.
It's well low of the advertised GPD even though I've got excellent water pressure.
Anyone else time their output? I'm curious now... :D

ncjetskier

Yes, My 24 GPD puts out 5 gal per 8 hrs (15 gals per day-Max). My water presure is an average 70 lbs-well above the minimum 45 lbs.

dburr

The GPD that the unit gives you is based on pressure, temp of water, ect. I sure their are other factors. They give you the max you will have.
If 1 or 2 of those things are off, you will have a different GPD.
HTH

offshore80

Mines 85gpd with a 4 gallon pressurized holding tank for on demand RO water. I just filled a 30 gallon rubbermaid trash can in about 6 hours or so. It tanks about 3.5 gallons of water to make a gallon of RO.