Need help with clown eggs

jmaggi

My clowns have just laid eggs, I just need to know if I should take out all the other tank mates,
ghost shrimp
small hermit crabs
star fish
and a file fish smaller than the clowns
THX

meeks101

No, clowns will not let anything get close to their eggs. They are very aggresive, esspecialy when they have eggs. I suggest a book about clowns to you, it's called: Clownfishes By: Joyce D. Wilkerson. It is really interesting and teaches you alot about clowns. Go to www.fish.com and type in clownfishes. You will see the book pop up. It has two maroons in a green anemone on the front page. Hope this was useful to you!!!

M

mikerunkle

Originally Posted by meeks101
http:///forum/post/2713338
No, clowns will not let anything get close to their eggs. They are very aggresive, esspecialy when they have eggs. I suggest a book about clowns to you, it's called: Clownfishes By: Joyce D. Wilkerson. It is really interesting and teaches you alot about clowns. Go to www.fish.com and type in clownfishes. You will see the book pop up. It has two maroons in a green anemone on the front page. Hope this was useful to you!!!
Concur on getting that book. It covers just about everything you'd like to know. Also check out the remarkable thread that is on here about the adventure someone had with breeding his clowns. It was in archives but I think it has its own folder now...can't back up the browser without losing this message, so hopefully someone else will post the link (if you can't find it).