need help with conversion

markster

i have a 35 gallon cube tank that has several freshwater fish. i am contemplating changing the tank to saltwater and go with puffers/boxfish in species only or mixing if possible. i figure i would only need to get rid of the freshwater fish, clean the tank, get crushed coral, switch my non biological whisper 2 filter for a biological aquarium systems filter, and put salt in the new water. i want to know if this is as easy as i say and if my choice in saltwater fish is realistic. secondly, i remember setting up my other tank which is a 29 gallon reef and starting with 3 damsels after the tank was setup. adding fritz bacteria to affect the nitrogen cycle. do i use this fish again when i convert and then discard or i can use a different fish that would work as well (cheap and hardy) and could live with the puffers/boxfish that i want to end up with. thanks for your time in reading and responding

the rock

the rock says...
nothing worthwhile is ever easy!
you should read through the tank setup portion of this site to give you some additional ideas. a 35 gallon tank is no easy feat to keep successfully, unless you have the proper setup which means lots of great filtration (live rock, wet dry, protein skimmer, live sand, plenum, or a combo thereof, etc) and the right fish for that size tank, stay small and to fish that aren't big swimmers

etpuffer

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????