Need help with identifying

maggot

I have had a Chevron Tang for about two to three weeks. He is about three inches and I have a 55 gallon tank. I know a little small but I am going to upgrade soon just want to get the jist of things before I make that commitment. Water is normal. Ph 8.0 or 8.2 Ammonia reading .25 could be a false reading nitrites at .5.
Anyway his behavior has been that he is scratching his eye or facial area with his fins. I believe this has caused his eye to get and infection and the nose of the tang has a film cover looking like a white mucus. They aren't white dots and he doesn't have any of these markings anywhere else. There are four other fish in the tank Three clowns and two gobies, all small meaning two inches long or less. I have live rock and live sand. Need help from anyone and sorry I don't have a camera.

g-dude

sounds like a fungas of some sort, and at the same time it kiind of also sounds like ick. from what your telling us its hard to make it out without a pic. Would u know anyone with a digital cam? with 3.5 or more mega pix for sharper close-ups.

maggot

I am almost positive it isn't ick. I could be wrong. He is still eating a lot and it is just on his face and eye. I recently bought the protien skimmer and that is when it appeared. I don't have access to a camera. i am going to do a water change and see if that helps, but let me know about the fungus and how to treat it. None of my other fish have any of this. I don't have another tang in the tank either though