Need help with my stock for my 175

G

gtdarock

Hey guys ! Hope everybody is doing well, at least spring is right around the corner.
I need some help finishing out my stock list for my 175. I currently have in order :
2 perculas
1 blue hippo- 4in
2 yellow tang - 3in
1 purple tang- 3in
1 black puffer- 5 in
1 emperator angel - 4in
I wanted to know if it will be ok to add a blonde naso , a dwarf lion and a queen angel. The naso would be in a week or so. Then the lion next month and the queen in the summer.
I currently have a 30 gal refugium with skimmer and a UV. I do water changes every two weeks, with changing about 20 gallons each time. Any help would be great ! Thanks !

john,jr

Originally Posted by GTDAROCK
http:///forum/post/2514680
Hey guys ! Hope everybody is doing well, at least spring is right around the corner.
I need some help finishing out my stock list for my 175. I currently have in order :
2 perculas
1 blue hippo- 4in
2 yellow tang - 3in
1 purple tang- 3in
1 black puffer- 5 in
1 emperator angel - 4in
I wanted to know if it will be ok to add a blonde naso , a dwarf lion and a queen angel. The naso would be in a week or so. Then the lion next month and the queen in the summer.
I currently have a 30 gal refugium with skimmer and a UV. I do water changes every two weeks, with changing about 20 gallons each time. Any help would be great ! Thanks !
You are already overstocked big time!!!!!

ccampbell57

I dont agree. I think that you have a fine list for now. I would however caution that if you dont upgrade adding a queen and a Blonde Naso will not work long term.
I think they are fine for a couple of years though.
GTD is the tank 6'?

Originally Posted by GTDAROCK
http:///forum/post/2514680
2 perculas
1 blue hippo- 4in
2 yellow tang - 3in
1 purple tang- 3in
1 black puffer- 5 in
1 emperator angel - 4in
I think that the listed stock list is good but the additives are kinda pushing it, especially the queen angel. The dwarf lion is ok though, and I will have to say that the naso might also be a bit too much. Of course this is only long term wise, For now they will be fine, me thinks. $0.02

star master

Well first off I will say that the dwarf lion and black puffer will not mix at all. I owned the same two fish and the black puffer killed my dwarf lion. It could have just been my luck or the dwarf lion jumped out of the tank because he was GONE.lol. But then the black puffer died the same day, I think the dwarf lion poisoned him somehow. Any ways everything else is fine, but just a warning; do not mix the two.

G

gtdarock

Thanks for the replies guys ! I guess no Lion, since the puffer might kill it. My puffer is pretty mellow, he doesn't go after my large hermits at all. And no queen, so is the Naso definitely out-?