need help with pulsing xenia

bigjimintp

i just recieved my pulsing xenia frag but it looks like it ripped from the mounting area and it seems to be bleeding i know this sounds funny but there is a red fluid coming from the torn area , any help , and advice now do i not put it in the tank , im totally lost now help :help:
:help:

hot883

Originally Posted by BIGJIMINTP
i just recieved my pulsing xenia frag but it looks like it ripped from the mounting area and it seems to be bleeding i know this sounds funny but there is a red fluid coming from the torn area , any help , and advice now do i not put it in the tank , im totally lost now help :help:
:help:

I recieved one ripped real bad several months ago. i put it in the tank anyway. The next day it was not on the rock it came attached to. It had completely ripped off.
I never gave it much thought until 3 weeks later i am studying the tank and I see it whisping in the current behind some live rock. :jumping: It is doing well and I squirt some food back to it every now and agian.
Hope that helps, good luck.

moby

Sorry to hear this but there is some good news..
Xenia are pretty hardy!
I would put it in the tank, in an area where the flow is medium at best. If the spot at its base is torn then the slower flow will keep it from getting worse.
Don't worry too much these guys grow like weeds. About every 4 months I take frags of mine to the LFS and trade it in or it would take over my tank!
Moby