need help with sick coral?

coraladict

Hello!
This is my first time posting! I just purchased this coral 3 days ago, it did ok when I first put it in my 55 gal. It was covered with small pink polyps, it has since closed up and doesn't look good? I don't know the name. I've moved it around the tank trying to get the right location, light, flow, etc. but it does nothing. Any help or info? It is light pink in color (doesn't really show in photo)
Thanks,
Kim

T

tizzo

Really, really hard to tell from the pic, but I am going to venture a guess. Encrusting corgonian. Lemme see, maybe if I can find a pic you can compare... The mat under it looks a lot like yours...sorta sparkles like snow??

T

tizzo

:notsure: I took this on just now... Like yous it's pink, but you can't tell in the pics. Does it look like yours??

coraladict

You are correct it does almost sparkle! Your looks much larger so mine must be young! Does yours ever close-up for days?
Thanks,
Kim

T

tizzo

He actually has closed up for days. You should quit moving him around. I have a powerhead (on a wavemaker) blowing right on it and it seems to like that best. I don't spot feed it and it actually came in as a hitch-hiker when my lights were 4 65w PC's, so they don't need much light. Just leave him alone, make sure your water parameters are all good and give him lots of current. Good luck!!

coraladict

Thank you so much! I already love you guys! He didn't have any current on him at all, so I just moved him and will leave him be.
Have a good nite!
Kim

T

tizzo

They are a fleshy colored pink. I wish they they were the blue/green. It was a hitch-hiker, not much color selection.:rolleyes: