Need help with size ?

teaggs

I am getting a sump built that is 48 x 12 3/4 x 17. I have a oceanic oak stand that has the 4 doors on the front and the stand is 73x19x32 and with the two doors in the middle opened all the way up it is a opening of 31". I need to know is there a way to calculate if the sump will fit under there without any modifications to the stand.
i know that it will fit but I am wondering about getting t through the opening and then turning it to fit in there

dogstar

I just did a scale drawing with the numbers and got you about 3'' short of getting it in.....sorry

teaggs

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I just did a scale drawing with the numbers and got you about 3'' short of getting it in.....sorry
That sucks I might be able to get something made a little shorter but i really dont know

cgrant

I have a 40 long on order, its the same base as a 55 gallon just not as tall so it can fit under my stand and have some room to get at stuff.
My AGA stand has a good sized opening in the back of the stand, i already measured it and i can slide the 40 long into the stand from the back, not sure how oceanic stands are made though?

teaggs

Originally Posted by CGRANT
I have a 40 long on order, its the same base as a 55 gallon just not as tall so it can fit under my stand and have some room to get at stuff.
My AGA stand has a good sized opening in the back of the stand, i already measured it and i can slide the 40 long into the stand from the back, not sure how oceanic stands are made though?
mine is already set up and also is against the wall so i cant move it at all it has to go through the front and i am wondering how big it can be to fit through the 31 in opening :help:

dogstar

When I upgraded to a bigger sump/fuge, I cut a door into the side/end panel of my stand and slid it right in...Not sure if you can do the same....