Need help with stock list, 265 G.

weaponusmc

I am planning a stock list for a 265 gal. fish only tank, the tank is set up and cycleing right now. Equipment list is
265 reef ready DT
90 sump/fuge
ASM G4 skimmer
350 lbs live sand
350 live rock
2x Koralia 7 powerheads
I know the live rock is on the light side, but it is going into a seafood restaurant and the owner wants to be able to see through to the stage with no problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

mboswell1982

oh wow, thats a good size tank, what does the owner want to do with this tank? reef-nice peaceful community tank, or an aggressive tank?
and what are the dimensions on the tank, anyway you can post them?

weaponusmc

Community tank, the dimensions are 84" x 24" x 30" if I remember right. I have pictures, Ill post some tomorrow of the work in progress.

mboswell1982

ok, i dont know how your boss would go along with this, but, here's what i would do, its basically the exact same stock list i plan on doing in a 250g tank im building next summer.
5x watanabie angel(1 male, 4 females-and they can be differentiated)
5x longfin fairy wrasse(1 male, 4 females)
2x pairs of clowns(personal preference is for b&w ocellaris clowns)
2x yashia goby with candystripe pistol shrimp
5-9x green chromis( the shimmering as they swim through in a group will be super nice)
make sure u get 2 nems, and put them on opposite sides of the tank for the clowns, but, with a tank that long, an the nems on opposite sides, you should be ok
now you can add to this, or do something different, and its not a complete list, i hadnt gotten that far LOL but, thats what id do just for starters
most of these fish max out at around 3-3.5", the angels get 6-7", they are a schooling angel, they're a beautiful fish, and it is very easy to tell males from females
and, the angels are reef safe, so you are ok there, they are not aggressive, and will leave your corals alone, unlike most angels

S

saltman23

Lots of choices!
I would do:
Emperor Angel
Queen Angel
Niger Trigger
Huma Trigger
Naso Tang
Yellow Tang
Sailfin Tang
Sunset Wrasse or Spanish Hogfish
Porcupine Puffer
Snowflake Eel

weaponusmc

The owner is leaving it up to me, I know they want clowns and I would also like a school of yellow tangs (5) other than that its up in the air. I do like the black clowns, have a pair myself in my 29 g. biocube, the only stipulation he said is he wants baby fish to let them grow with the business, I told him it wasnt a good idea, but he's keeping with it.

mboswell1982

i like the yellow tang idea, scratch the angels, add the tangs, an keep the wrasses, an get em all young if you can, since thats what he wants LOL an def do the 2 pairs of clowns
oh i know salt, i just always assume, an i know, i know what they say LOL, that when people say community, they want a nice peaceful tank LOL

S

saltman23

if you want a PEACEFUL community lol. i would do:
3 yellow tangs
Naso Tang
Sailfin Tang
9 b/g chromis
3 fairy wrasses or couple anthia
Coral Beauty angel
Flame angel
Pair of clowns
pair of red sea butterflies