need help with stocking list and clean up crew

well we had to move our 150g tank once our apts found out about it. so we are going to turn it into a aggr. setup. at this point we already have a sailfin tang, a powderblue tang and a large maroon clown in the tank, and they are going to stay in once we start the new setup. so far we have came up with 2 more things we would like to add to the tank, a snowflake eel, and a lion fish (not sure what kind yet though), and are looking for some input on other good tank mates for them. we dont really want any triggers due to how aggr they are, and dont really want a puffer because of the food that needs to be feed to them. what are some other good fish that would do good?
question 2 is, with the eel and lion, would i be able to keep my clean up crew? we took out all the shrimp and moved them to our 30g, along with a few of the smaller fish, like the clown gobbies and firefish. all that is left in there is some huge turbo snails and a few other types of snails, and about 10 hermits and 2 emerald crabs. also is there anything else cleanup crew wise that would be good in a aggr setup? TIA

fishy411

i've heard that most agressive fish eat snails and stuff like that so i would advise just getting a UV sterilizer but dont quote me on this

ok we got a black lion for free yesterday, and im going out to look at eels at one of the LFS around here, want to find a snow flake eel. also my wife wants a large angle, not sure what kind yet, she is still thinking about it. and we might get a butterfly to eat abunch of the pests aps. in the tank that keep coming back even after we joes juice them. we are thinking maybe 1 more fish after all that, any ideas?

fishy411

a grouper? they are pretty cool. the marine bettas are pretty good looking. if yur feeling good u might want to try a ray. if u do try to get some first hand advice. that snowflake might be a problem so u shud wait a while if u havent already bought it. u want to let yur fish get sufficiently large b4 u get it bcuz ive heard of them eating fish as large as a 6" volitan. gud luck

yellowtail

Originally posted by fishy411
aif yur feeling good u might want to try a ray. if u do try to get some first hand advice.

i would highly advise against a ray due to their needs.

yea i would never get a ray, they are something i think should stay in the sea, along with octo's, and sharks. we got the eel today, ive read alot about them before getting it, and it is only about 8 or 10" long, still little, and has a very small mouth. all our fish in the tank are WAY to big for him to even try to eat at this point, but thanks for the heads up. i was thinking a grouper also, but didnt know what kind i want. i like panther groupers, but they get to big for our tank.

lionfish12

maybe just do a lionfish tank. You could get a dwarf lion, volitan lion, and a rusle's lion.
Or a grouper tank.
or a tang tank
maybe an eel tank?

liontamer

Dude, that list u said was fine. Lions dont eat snails or hermit crabs, cuz they wouldnt be able to adjust the shells (their eating habits are more along the lines of snatch and digest) and a sfl MIGHT go after snails, but ive never seen it happen, mostly cuz their teeth are more bumpy than hard, and they wouldnt break the shell. Wat u have to watch out for with snails and hermits are puffers, triggers and tusks. No shrimp will go with ANY aggressive fish though, cuz they all just love their shrimp.