need help with sump

rmleal

i have a 20 gal long sump/fuge and i need to install the baffles
what glue should i use?
how far apart should i put the baffles from eachother?
should i use a bag to clean the water from the tank going into sump/fuge?
also what do i need in fuge?
i will put live rock, live sand
i want in my fuge a good filtereations system because i will have no powerheads. no power filters

rmleal

also i have another question what do u think about a " check valve "
do they work good and are they fool proof

tapeworm

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but...
What is a good flow for the refugium in your drawing? GPH?

squidd

Nope..No check valve...:nope:
They must not be "fool proof" cause "fool's " keep using them...

They WILL stick and fail...Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but in 6 or9 months from now...when your power goes out...you'll see....:yes:
A better way is to drill an "Anti siphon Hole" in the return line just after it enters the tank, about water level...
When power goes out..air goes in ...and breaks the siphon effect...stopping water flow back to sump...
The "Overflow" doesn't need one...

jdm_ae86

-the type of adhesive you use depends on the what youre using..are you gluing plexiglass to glass?, acrylic to acrylic?, glass to glass?
-minimum space is usually 1 inch.
-you can attach a micron sock to the end of your input pipe so that it catches the debris before going through everything else.
-fuge can hold/host all kinds of things, live rock live sand, fish, macroalgaes, shrimp, etc..

liverock27

for glue you can go to either HomeDepot or Lowes and they have a glue that comes in a blue package and it is for aquarium use. It has a fish on the front. I used it on my setup and it worked great. Just make sure to apply it heavily.