Need Help

row

Hello Everyone,
I bought this coral from my LFS on Sunday, he told me what it was but I forgot. He said it would do well under my PC lighting so I bought it. I acclimated it for about 1.5 hrs and then put it on the bottom of my tank in the sand. By the next morning it had lost a lot of its color and started wilting.
Does anyone know what this particular type of coral is called? And second, what can i do, if anything, to save it.
My water parameters are:
79 F
1.025 SG
PH 8.0
Kh 6
Calcium 380
Phosphate- .02-.03
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

t316

Stem looks like some kind of leather, maybe a finger leather. "Droopy" condition is normal due to the transition. Give a couple of days, if still not perking up, move it higher up in the tank, closer to the lights.

row

thanks for the reply, at the pet store it was under T5s and at the bottom. It has tiny little polyps all over the stem on it and they havent opened since I brought it home from the LFS. Any more tips or advice would be great.
Thanks

mx#28

It's a kenya tree coral (Capnella sp.)
They'll take as much light as you'll give them, but they are adaptable. They do require pretty good flow, though. With a medium to strong variable flow and high light, they'll grow like crazy.
Get some flow to this guy and he should be fine. They squish up from time to time and will also drop branches, but don't let that worry you too much. These are one of the hardiest corals out there.

devil dog

it's a kenya tree... they don't need a lot of light... But you might want to move it to the top of your rock work and see if it starts to look better...

row

Thanks everybody, now that I saw Capanella, that sounds familiar. I am going to transfer it a little higher into the tank tommorow. I cycle my tank about 25-30 times an hour, but in that particular spot there is not a great deal of direct current. Thanks again