Need Honest LFS Around Albany

Hey, I'm starting up my first sw tank and I've been looking for an Honest lfs in the albany , not one who sells me one bad product and tells me i can fix it by buying another.
btw, don't say union (sold me a coralife 260w pc telling me id be able to keep lots of sps and clams, t5 is not as intense as pc, 5 inches of cc won't cause nitrate problems, a blue tang is fine in a 55, and the list goes on), so I don't do business w/ them anymore.

ci11337

Don't know of any around albany, but The Reef Shoppe on Ridge Rd. E. in Rochester is the best LFS in upstate (IMO) If you don't mind a drive you should check it out.

mom2ella

Eddy's Aquarium in Latham
Davey Jones Fish locker in Albany
Healthy Pet in Troy
Country Living in Mechanicville
Don't forget to join CDMAS Google CDMAS Capital District Marine Aquarium Society

lesleybird

You don't need an honest fish store.....What you need is to go home and do your homework before you purchase anything at your fish store. You also need to look up the equiptment purchases on line for a better price before you plunk down your hard earned money at the fish store. My fish store has a very high overhead so they charge often double for skimmers and lighting that I can buy on line for much better prices. Lesley

Originally Posted by Mom2ella
http:///forum/post/2575149
Eddy's Aquarium in Latham
Davey Jones Fish locker in Albany
Healthy Pet in Troy
Country Living in Mechanicville
Don't forget to join CDMAS Google CDMAS Capital District Marine Aquarium Society
Thanks, I've been looking for a saltwater fish group in the albany area

nsajd

Something Fishy in Scotia NY. The people there really know there stuff and have been instrumental in comparing the fables and facts with me setting up my 125 Gal.