NEED ID AND HELP MONTI's DYING

xhappyx

my monti caps have never really looked good once they were put into my tank. they always looked dull in color and have been whiting out in spots. i never really inspected them until this morning and i found something on the bottom of the red monti cap that resembles a spider web/nest with egg things. my thought is monti eating nudis. can anyone confirm that this is a nudi nest. and if so does anyone have any tips that worked at removing them before my corals are completely consumed. all other corals in the system are great.all my acros show good color and growth no dead spots. but tthe montis look bad. real bad.thanks for any input.

yosemite sam

The lattice-shaped thing is a sponge. You may have nudis, though. Look closely in the areas that recently died to see if you can see eggs. They will look like very small clusters of brown dots.

dragonboy

I'm going through the same problem right now they are very hard to detect usually they lay eggs that looks like tentacles in bleached area's. So far I found 2 or 3 one day moving around on the dead area of the coral. I spihion them out immediately but you have to look really hard as they are pretty tiny creatures and they do look like the eggs they produce.

xhappyx

Originally Posted by dragonboy
I'm going through the same problem right now they are very hard to detect usually they lay eggs that looks like tentacles in bleached area's. So far I found 2 or 3 one day moving around on the dead area of the coral. I spihion them out immediately but you have to look really hard as they are pretty tiny creatures and they do look like the eggs they produce.
i'm having no luck finding them. however i pulled the corals out and took a small brush to it and scrapped all of the stuff off of it. hopefully that helps.

dragonboy

I heard that a dip might work but still hard to say where they hide in other places of the rock. So you might wanna try a few things to see if you can get rid of them.