Need ID Assistance

niffer76

Hi everyone,
First, let me say thanks to all of you out on this board... I have learned so much from reading all of your posts! I am a total newbie who has done massive reading for months, and finally at the beginning of this week I started my journey with the new tank! Wish me luck!!!
So I just picked up some LR from the LFS two days ago and I have some stuff on the rock that of course I have no idea what it is, so I thought maybe someone could tell me if they knew what these things are...
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
Picture #1 - Green slimy looking substance but seems to be hard...

niffer76

This I could not get a great picture of... But it is a White Translucent Blob on the rock... BTW none of these things move or sway at at all!!!

j21kickster

#1 Green coraline algae- Good
#2 Either a sponge or perhaps a coral- kind of hard to tell- Eitherway is cool to have in there
#3 is a white encrusting sponge that we almost all have- its ok too- it will probably die off of the top of the rock and show up later on down the road on some of the darker and undersides of the rock

kage

I've had my tank now for almost 6 weeks.
I too, have a couple of questions about what I'm starting to find
in my tank on the live rock. One creature I've found today kind of has the shape of a beatle. He is the same color as the rock.
He came out today for a few minutes and then disappeared back into a crevice in the rock. There's also a snail like creature
that is mostly white. Can anyone also explain what a mantis
looks like?

elfdoctors

Pictures would help with ID.
Here's a picture of a mantis that is sold on this website (some people like them in a single species tank). They are all not as colorful.