Need ID Please

ags

This little bug was hanging out in my overflow. When I irritated it it would raise these white spikes. I tossed it but anyone know if it was bad or good?

joshd123

I have no ideal but I would have keep it in a glass with saltwater till I found out what it was!! it does look kewl!! I find all kinds of strange stuff in my filters but nothing like that.

speg

Originally Posted by seannmelly
could be a small fire bristle worm?????
I would have to agree with this.

ags

Good or bad? I was in a hurry cleaning my tank otherwise I would have isolated it and kept it. But since I was in a hurry he became fertilizer for my backyard.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Ags
Good or bad? I was in a hurry cleaning my tank otherwise I would have isolated it and kept it. But since I was in a hurry he became fertilizer for my backyard.
some people say they are good some say they are bad. imop they are ok till they get bigger. ive had them in my tank about 6 inches long. once they get that big i take them out and flush them. i do have to warn you they have a powerful sting and there bristles will get stuck in you. so dont tuch them with your fingers

rykna

Definately brisstle worm, most likey fire bristle worm. I have over 50 in my tank. They are great at cleaning, but yes if you don't feed them they will turn on other tank occupants. If you like to compare I'd be happy to take some pics of mine... afew of mine have grow to 6 to 8 inches.