Need Lighting

nightstalk

Some reasonably priced lighting is needed for my 55 gallon tank. Anyone got anything. moonlights would be cool too

joshd123

I have a set for you. It is 4 65 watt power compacts With built in moonlights, fan, the clear legs to make the lights look like they are floating over your tank!! 2 plugs for the lights and 2 off and on switches so you can set them up on a timmer for morning day and the late day. The moonlights have their own plug and dimmer to adjust them to just the right amount of light to make your corals and critters grow and spown like they would in the wild. The unit is just a few months old. So the lights still have 3/4th their life left. The bulbs are 50/50. To make the deal sweeter I can throw in 2 NEW bulbs. I will sale the whole setup for 140+ shipping. The new bulbs are going for $19 each + shipping on ----. I will load some pictures in a sec!!

motocross

hi,
ive got a 4' metal halide hamilton retro setup... 2 x 175 mh's and 2 actinic vho flourecents..
$350 takes it !
thanks,
joe

joshd123

Well, If you have a 46 gallon it would probley be better. The M/H are bad on the eletric bill and make alot of heat. the Pc Will not go as deep as M/h but, that is only a factor in like a 100 gallon tall or something like that. The P/C will go about 27 inches then are not much good after that. So if your tank is not 27 inches deep than you will be just fine. PC are Very good lights. The set I have for 140 + shipping with 2 extra bulbs is a good buy. Let me know if ya want them bro. Would be happy to work with ya or answer any questions!!

starfish79

Is the p/c lights good for all type of corals? Is this set up concidered a high or medium lighting? I am new to the hobby and am trying to do as much research as possible.

joshd123

It does a good job on my tank. I have a 105 and I have everything thing from low to high light corals. I just put the higher light corals closer to the top and so on. But if you have a 46 gallon that is 5.65 Watts per gallon. That is ALOT better than I had When I first started. You can grow most any coral under 5.65 watts per gollon. That is more than most have on their tanks =-)including me =-) I only have just over 4 watts per gollon.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by starfish79
Is the p/c lights good for all type of corals? Is this set up concidered a high or medium lighting? I am new to the hobby and am trying to do as much research as possible.
Honestly wouldn't spend the money on PC's....I'd invest in T5's and good reflectors and well better served for the money IMO....

joshd123

Ok, one guy says m/h is best another says Vho, another says T5s, another says another says another says. The point is my lights are $140 and that is cheap. They will grow any kinda coral because I have with them.

joshd123

If you want to see pictures of my tank just post your email and I will send you a invite to my Kodak web site. I have well over 200 pictures of diffrent set-ups and ALL were with PC.

acrylic51

Not saying their junk, but to each his own......By no means can you honestly compare PC's to MH's or T5's.......They aren't nearly as good and as mentioned earlier you are dictated by your lights as to where you place your corals, meaning high demanding corals have to be up to and high.....Not a problem with MH's....

nightstalk

I dont know about anyone else but id say that those look like they work just fine
can you do $120 plus shipping, or is 140 as low as youll go?