Need LS in Cincinnati

lissalex

Hi!
I have finished setting up the base (70 #) and live rock (45#) in my 75 gallon FOWLR tank. I have about 1" of aragonite sand in the bottom of the tank and would like to buy some live sand to cover that. Does anyone have any to sell or recommend a LFS in Cincy where I can purchase some? Also, how much do I need to make an impact on the biological filtration in my tank?
Thanks!
Lissa

fireman03

Lisa,
I have been to practically all of the LFS stores in the Cincy area and the most knowledgible staff that I have found is at Just About Fish located on Montgomery Road. The sell live sand there and George is especially helpful in answering questions. They will be able to give you the answers that you are looking for regarding the amount of sand that you need. They do not try to push products that you do not need, as a matter of fact they have talked me out of buying more items than I have actually bought!
Good Luck

tracie

You may also want to consider posting on the CincyReef boards as well as attending a meeting (the next one is 11/21). If nothing else, you might be able to get some people to bring cups of their sand to the meeting for you to seed your tank. It works 100% better than anything you can buy and the price is right too ;)
Tracie