Need name of plumbing part

snakeblitz33

Hello all,
Perhaps you can help me. The part that I am looking for is LIKE a bulkhead, it attaches to the side of a water storage container. Instead of attaching it to the bottom flat side of the container, I am looking at attaching a "bulkhead" type fitting to the side of the round container.
I need to find this type of fitting so that I can attach it to the side of a custom built protein skimmer.

salty blues

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2507261
Hello all,
Perhaps you can help me. The part that I am looking for is LIKE a bulkhead, it attaches to the side of a water storage container. Instead of attaching it to the bottom flat side of the container, I am looking at attaching a "bulkhead" type fitting to the side of the round container.
I need to find this type of fitting so that I can attach it to the side of a custom built protein skimmer.
Not sure of the type of connector you are seeking, but you might be able to use a regular pvc threaded male adapter with the appropriate size O-ring on it. Put an O-ring on the inside and outside of your container. Then, secure it on the inside with a pvc female threaded adapter. I used this set-up to put a drain valve on a pre-mix saltwater tub I built. Works great with zero leakage. Good luck with your project.

snakeblitz33

I tried this approach a couple of times with water storage containers, with very limited success.
I believe what I was looking for was a uniseal... Can I find one of those at Home Depot or another hardware store?

apos

order online from savko (they don't sell anything this site sells I believe) or if you have a really good LFS, you might be able to find one there.

rootx69

ive looked for them at my local home depot and lowes and nothing. only online but u may get lucky and find them at a local pool/spa place heard many people say they have found them there.