need opinions on 2 fish

wrath

well im looking at buying a new fish. the 2 fish that im looking between is the lawnmower blenny, and the mandarin dragonet.
i have read plenty on both fish but still wanted to ask questions
with the lawnmower blenny i know it eats off algy so my question is will it eat the red slime algy, brown hair algy, and sum type of green algy on my glass??
now with the mandarin. my tank is over 5 years old, i assume i have the pods it needs to feed off of but i have know idea what those look like.
all help is greatly appericated

A

azul1994

A refugium is a small tank where you put micro algae such as chaeto, where pods can repdroduce and grow quicker than they can in the main tank.

harlequinnut

If you want to know if you have any pods in your tank, turn a flashlight on your tank in the middle of the night when the lights have been out for a while. You should be able to see loads of pods going about their business. I have a mandarin in my 46 g reef tank for few months now. I didn't have to feed him once cause he finds his own food and there is no other fish in the tank.

wrath

k thanks, i dont have a refugium.
Originally Posted by mcbdz
Is this for your 350gal?
yes this is for my 350gal, and speaking of my tank i will be taking pictures to show everyone a years progress on it since last time.
Originally Posted by Tarball

Do you have Live Rock in the tank for the copods? If so how much LR?
i have about 90 pounds of live rock.
thanks for all the opinions. and i got a blenny yesterday