need opions! sixline wrasse

loopy101

Hi guys and gals been a while since my last post but i am back!!! i need some opions on a six line wrasse i have heard alot of great things about these guys but i just searched the posts on this site about them and alot of people didnt have any positive things to say about the sixline. so if any one would please give me your thoughts on the six line . i was going to go pick him up this afternoon but going to wait till i get more info. thanks to you all!!
My tank is a 55 gal reef in progress
fish i have is a fire fish golby and green cromis and a sailfin damsel.
have acouple different live plants growing
some corals mostly zoas
candy cane and acouple christmas trees growing
thanks guys

woody189

really? Nobody had anything nice to say?
I love sixlines. They will swim through your rockwork all day long. They are fun to watch, and they have nice colors. The eyes are cool too, they have a stripe right through the eyes.
Mine have always been peaceful, but aren't afraid to hold their ground.
I would definitely get one.

koldsouth

My 6 line is great, he is in a tank with a LTA, 2 perc clowns, 2 damsels, 3 feather dusters and a breeding pair of coral banded shrimp. I have had no problem with him at all.
Go for it, they are fish.

jackri

Love my six-line. You can watch his eyes as he very visibly looks around the tank looking for things to eat all day. Swims around all over... very curious and would replace him in a second if he died.

gmann1139

I think they're a great fish, but they can be a holy terror as well. Huge variation in personality.
I just had one in QT for 4 weeks, loved the fish, the way it moved, the coloring, everything.
Three hours after I added it to the DT my clownfish had battle damage. Two days later I had to get rid of the sixline, it was just too aggressive for the tank.
In your situation, I would watch is with the firefish. Firefish aren't aggressive at all, so they can get beat up by a sixline pretty easily.

woody189

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2954070
I think they're a great fish, but they can be a holy terror as well. Huge variation in personality.
I just had one in QT for 4 weeks, loved the fish, the way it moved, the coloring, everything.
Three hours after I added it to the DT my clownfish had battle damage. Two days later I had to get rid of the sixline, it was just too aggressive for the tank.
In your situation, I would watch is with the firefish. Firefish aren't aggressive at all, so they can get beat up by a sixline pretty easily.
I've gone through 3 in my tank, yes three. I lost them all for different reasons, but none of them were aggressive at all for me. I had them in a tank w/ a purple firefish and my Royal gramma was more of a bully than any of my 6lines.
I think maybe you just had a bad egg.

woody189

and don't think they're hard to keep because I lost so many...I've just had bad luck. they are supposed to be hardy

florida joe

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2954070
+1

stanlalee

love mine too. not aggressive to peaceful fish yet wont back down to aggressive fish. it was the first fish in my tank. keeps the undesirable pest at bay. one of my favorite all around fish

I had a six line and loved him. Like others have said, much personality. He went carpet surfing through a 2 in. space in the rear of my glass top. I think he was chased out by my Blackcap, which was a new addition.
I say get one!

kevin34

ive had a sixline in my tank for almost a year now. he was my first fish. i got him to take care of a flatworm problem. he was the perfect fish until he started messing with my jawfish last night. the white stripes in his eyes turned blood red and his fins flared up. talk about scary. first time I have ever seen him show aggression. he seems ok today though. he has never bothered the clownfish i have.

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2956597
ive had a sixline in my tank for almost a year now. he was my first fish. i got him to take care of a flatworm problem. he was the perfect fish until he started messing with my jawfish last night. the white stripes in his eyes turned blood red and his fins flared up. talk about scary. first time I have ever seen him show aggression. he seems ok today though. he has never bothered the clownfish i have.

Did he take care of the flatworm problem?

kevin34

Originally Posted by Reeferrookie
http:///forum/post/2956798
Did he take care of the flatworm problem?
he didnt eliminate them. I still have some. but he deffinately helped keep them under control. I see him picking at them all the time. some people that got them for this reason has had the sixline completely ignore the flatworms though. there is no guarantee. I got lucky i guess.