Need Pic of a Berlin Skimmer Setup

pyro383

Need Pic of a Berlin Skimmer Setup:
A friend found a berlin skimmer in his closet and we have to idea how to set it up, no directions or pictures. There is a rio 2100 pump connected at the bottom intake but there are two in/outlets just below the collection cup. What are these for? Obviously 1 is for output. Thanks

I

irenicus

They both are outlets, do a search on the board for berlin.

javatech

here it is not a lot right now i have one big rock on the bottom that i want to take out and im going to drill it for bulkheads to get rid of the overflow

unsalted

javatech,
in your picture the outlets go right back into the sump? and then do you have another powerhead to take the water to the filter?(inmy case it would be a wet dry) and then another pwerhead after that to return to the tank? Is the vertical piece of PVC on the right side the water source from the tank?

javatech

yes the overflow gos right in to the sump it's a tidepool II the only filter is a corse pad in the tidepool to take the big things out and the odd snail that makes it down there and the return is a mag 9.5 that has a T in it for the reff. that is 27gal it has a powerhead to keep it moving till the water falls back in to the sump. so only one pump for the tank

unsalted

can I take the two returns and take them to the wet/dry filter(that is the next stage would go over a filter pad and then to the bioballs) or will there be too much back pressure put on the skimmer for it to function?