"Need PICs of Full auto top off Sytems PLEASE!!!"

grumpygils

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
i need a complete system or the info on what i need to build one...thanx
Bump to tag along

sleasia

On my 200 gal tank, I run the r/o unit to a plastic trash can through an r/o bulkhead/float valve. the float valve rises when the trash can fills and shuts off the r/o to prevent overflow....at the base of the trash can there is another r/o bulkhead with tubing that then runs to the sump and connects with another r/o bulkhead/floatvalve...r/o water flows from the trash can by gravity through the r/o tubing to the sump and is in turn shut off when the sump's float valve rises..here are pics....on my second tank I have the r/o unit connected directly to the sump with a float valve.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by sleasia
On my 200 gal tank, I run the r/o unit to a plastic trash can through an r/o bulkhead/float valve. the float valve rises when the trash can fills and shuts off the r/o to prevent overflow....at the base of the trash can there is another r/o bulkhead with tubing that then runs to the sump and connects with another r/o bulkhead/floatvalve...r/o water flows from the trash can by gravity through the r/o tubing to the sump and is in turn shut off when the sump's float valve rises..here are pics....on my second tank I have the r/o unit connected directly to the sump with a float valve.
How excataly does a float valve shut off the RO system. My RO intake and discharge have a 1/4 turn valve...Just wondering how I can retro that... Thanks

grumpygils

Originally Posted by ifirefight
How excataly does a float valve shut off the RO system. My RO intake and discharge have a 1/4 turn valve...Just wondering how I can retro that... Thanks
Your RO unit has to have a solonoid (sp) that shuts off the ro when it receives back pressure. So when the float switch shuts off the flow of water to the sump, back pressure builds on the RO unit and that shuts off the RO unit. When the float is down, solonoid opens and water flows free from the RO unit until float shuts off. Clear as mud? When I forst got my RO unit, LFS did not have the solonoid on it and it ran continuously. Water would not go into the sump becasue the float valve worked properly and shut off the flow , but waste water ran non stop from the RO unit. Needed solonoid at the RO system. Now it is fine. Solonoid goes in between your clean water line and RO setup. Mine is a coralife and the solonoid is about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches.
Mc

partsman

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
i need a complete system or the info on what i need to build one...thanx
i got all the help i needed from these guys - i have a auto top off with float system in my 120 and another float system going to a remote resivoir. customer service is great also
spectra pure .
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p1.htm

ifirefight

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Your RO unit has to have a solonoid (sp) that shuts off the ro when it receives back pressure. So when the float switch shuts off the flow of water to the sump, back pressure builds on the RO unit and that shuts off the RO unit. When the float is down, solonoid opens and water flows free from the RO unit until float shuts off. Clear as mud? When I forst got my RO unit, LFS did not have the solonoid on it and it ran continuously. Water would not go into the sump becasue the float valve worked properly and shut off the flow , but waste water ran non stop from the RO unit. Needed solonoid at the RO system. Now it is fine. Solonoid goes in between your clean water line and RO setup. Mine is a coralife and the solonoid is about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches.
Mc
I think I got it.... solonoid goes on water supply line BEFORE the water has a chance to reach the RO unit. That way ,like you said it doesnt dump waste water 24/7.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by ifirefight
I think I got it.... solonoid goes on water supply line BEFORE the water has a chance to reach the RO unit. That way ,like you said it doesnt dump waste water 24/7.
Ding ding ding!

dmcrete

[QUO?TE=sleasia]On my 200 gal tank, I run the r/o unit to a plastic trash can through an r/o bulkhead/float valve. the float valve rises when the trash can fills and shuts off the r/o to prevent overflow....at the base of the trash can there is another r/o bulkhead with tubing that then runs to the sump and connects with another r/o bulkhead/floatvalve...r/o water flows from the trash can by gravity through the r/o tubing to the sump and is in turn shut off when the sump's float valve rises..here are pics....on my second tank I have the r/o unit connected directly to the sump with a float valve.[/QUOTE]