Need Positive ID

warlockgp

They might be snails or crab's offsprings from the ones i have..........
I got a video but i don't know how to upload it, anyone help???
I got yahoo messenger, MSN messenger and AIM. They are all in my profile.
It'll be great if they are.
Also would these fish/inverts eat them:
Rusty Angel
Royal Gramma
Tricolor Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Tang
Flame Hawk
Boxer Shrimp
Blood Red Shrimp
Camel Back Shrimp
Feather Duster
Bumble Snails
Hermit Crab
Zebra Hermit Crab (it might be that too)
Thanks for the help................

rockies

Warlock,
I suggest you take a single frame and post that. You should also indicate (mark up the picture) what you are needing to identify.
All I see in the video is a snail moving. It could be a hermit crab, but it looks like a snail to me.
HTH,
Rockies

warlockgp

That's what i'm talking about and what i thought it was. A snail most likely. My Digi Cam has no batteries right now and i'm using the Digital Camcorder.............
I guess i'm gonna have to make a trip to target, and since i'm out, y not visit my LFS...................
See what else i bring home today

debra w-c

They are a type of flatworm. The only bad thing about them is that they will eat copepods from your tank.
Sorry can't remember there name specificially but will try to find the website I found this info on.
They won't hurt anything.

elfdoctors

I'm not completely sure but they look like cerith snails to me.
Can you describe any details? It should be easy to tell if they were hermit crabs. If the conical shapes are shells, they probably aren't flatworms.

warlockgp

The conical shape looks like a shell to me and it seems to have little legs on the bottom, can't really tell. As for the color, it's clear, almost transparent.............
If they r snails or hermits should i add anything to help the shells form/harden.......?

debra w-c

Okay I found this link on another website. Hard to tell from your picture. Is this what it looks like:
I have had two of these little things making rounds on my glass.. its fun to watch them.. they almost look like some sort of jelly fish, appears they maybe are feeding on diatoms?
<actually a flatworm/Planaria feeding on copepods... quite harmless>
I was wondering if you might be able to help me identify it? They shrink and expand their bodies to move around. I don't think it would cause any trouble, but any information is appreciated.
Thanks! See image here:
Thanks again! John
<they wax and wane with the copepod population. Anthony>

debra w-c

Really, you can't see anything in the link I posted? Or do you mean the picture posted by the warlock? Weird, because I can see both pictures.
You can't see the white blob in the middle?
Be more specific...:notsure:

rockies

Originally posted by Debra W-C
Okay I found this link on another website. Hard to tell from your picture. Is this what it looks like:
I have had two of these little things making rounds on my glass.. its fun to watch them.. they almost look like some sort of jelly fish, appears they maybe are feeding on diatoms?
<actually a flatworm/Planaria feeding on copepods... quite harmless>
I was wondering if you might be able to help me identify it? They shrink and expand their bodies to move around. I don't think it would cause any trouble, but any information is appreciated.
Thanks! See image here:
http://www.johnslife.com/images/squidly.jpg T
Thanks again! John
<they wax and wane with the copepod population. Anthony>

First, I don't think the thing in the linked image from Debra is Warlock's object. Warlock's is clearly in a shell.
Warlock, if you see actual legs, then it is probably a hermit. Keep observing and you'll see it more clearly. You might try a magnifying glass for observing smaller items in better detail.
Second, I'm definitely no expert, but my research on this board indicates that flatworms are a nuisance. Many here have described their efforts to get rid of them from their tank.
Well, that's my $0.02 for what it's worth.

krazykarel

They are bumblebee snail offspring. There were approx. 50 before the tank was moved...it started with two bumblebee hitchhickers...year later saw them again and about 3 months ago BAMO and there they all were.

N

newbienz

Its a flat worm. I have a good amount of these worms keeping my copepod colony in check. Otherwise I would be over run with copepods. Good IMO. I believe Dr Ron has an article in which he talks about these particular flatworms.
[Was refering to debra's pic]
Warlock : looks like cerith snails

warlockgp

I'm siding with Krazykarel (e-mail me dude) and Bang Guy and from what i hear i don't want them worms anyways............