need really fast LR reply

renogaw

just curious why you're keeping your salinity so low?
also... your ammonia is going to kill your fish, or do damage to them.

peckhead

is the sg being so low going to hurt them? i didnt mean for it to get so low. should i do another water change on tuesday since the ammonia is high? idk what else to do. i have done everything you guys have said so far. the fish look fine but i dont want ammonia. let me no what to do thanks

shogun323

Originally Posted by peckhead
i just tested the water in my display and curing tank. display is .25-.50 for ammonia and curing tank is 2.0+.
You need to do a large water change in your display tank ASAP. That ammonia can kill your livestock.

hot883

is the sg being so low going to hurt them? i didnt mean for it to get so low. should i do another water change on tuesday since the ammonia is high? idk what else to do. i have done everything you guys have said so far. the fish look fine but i dont want ammonia. let me no what to do thanks
Keep changing the water. Dropping the s.g. is not really that harmful unless you drop it to fast. Like with a water change.
You need to keep plenty of mixed salt water on hand and do regular changes everyday to the display or the ammonia will kill the fish.
The salt water you have ready needs to meet the display water in s.g., ph, and temp, and needs to be kept circulating as described several times way up top. Do NOT dump in sw and then r/o water to the tank.
You are trying to do a water change not a top off.

1journeyman

i just tested the water in my display and curing tank. display is .25-.50 for ammonia and curing tank is 2.0+.
2 hours ago i took out 7 gallons of water. added 5 of the ocean water and 2 gallons of ro water. sg is at 1.020 or 1.021.
do you think the ammonia will be down in the mornign since i just added 7.5 gallons of water? if not what should i do. is this really high for my dt? will the wet dry help clear it up along with some nice encrusted live rock in the tank?!!!!
Unfortunately that's what we were afaid of.
Do water changes in both tanks. The water in your display needs to have 0 ammonia. Also, be really sure you are testing your water to keep salinity stable. It sounds like the pre made water you bought was low in salinity.
To avoid the cured water from stinking, do water changes. You don't want live rock in water over 1ppm ammonia as at that level the ammonia is killing the beneficial critters in your rock.