Need reccomendation for return pumps

G

gustavo

I'm setting up an AGA-150 with the Megaflow kit, curious if anyone has a reccomendation for return pumps, I intend to use two rio hyperflow 26fs.
Any other suggetions for this tank would be greatly appreciated.

scsinet

The megaflows are rated for 600gph each, so you probably want a pump rated for around 1100gph taking head pressure into account.
A good choice for External is the Iwaki 40 RLT.

G

gustavo

Thanks guys, they are rated for 600gph a side right? I really refer something that is submersible to keep it simple for me. The specs on the site say "up to 110 gallons are fitted with one MegaFlow™ Overflow and are rated for a maximum flow through of 600 G.P.H. (Using a rated 2,400 G.P.H. pump at a 5 foot head"
Does this mean I need a pump that will do 2400gph at 5ft per each side or just one pump that will do that much?
JonCat, do you have plumbed or submersible and is it teeD' off to go to each side?

joncat24

Originally Posted by Gustavo
Thanks guys, they are rated for 600gph a side right? I really refer something that is submersible to keep it simple for me. The specs on the site say "up to 110 gallons are fitted with one MegaFlow™ Overflow and are rated for a maximum flow through of 600 G.P.H. (Using a rated 2,400 G.P.H. pump at a 5 foot head"
Does this mean I need a pump that will do 2400gph at 5ft per each side or just one pump that will do that much?
JonCat, do you have plumbed or submersible and is it teeD' off to go to each side?

yes I have it in sump with a ball valve into a "T" going to each return

G

gustavo

So should I go with 12 or the 18? at five feet the the 18 only does 80gph more.
What I was hoping for is using enough gph thru the returns to eliminate the need for power heads inside the tank, is that just wishfull thinking.
I have two seio 620s I was going to use If i needed too.