Need RO Water in Chicago

hsanchez

Anybody around Midway airport, have a RO unit?? Or know where I could buy some water?? My LFS just moved. They used to be 100ft away from my front door

ralphs007

ro/di unit
Hi
4 four stage aqua fx baracuda rodi unit with inline tds meter, and solinoid valve that shuts unit off. , booster pump that I paid 120.00 for and the pressure gauge. You don't need this pump if you have good water pressure. I'll still sell the unit for 100.00 ,but it won't included the solinoid shut of valve , since this will do you no good without the pump. If you want the pump the total is 160.00 plus shipping. You can check this unit out at Premium Aquatics . New with all the extras is 500.00 .
Thanks
Ralph

lennon

Originally Posted by ralphs007
ro/di unit
Hi
4 four stage aqua fx baracuda rodi unit with inline tds meter, and solinoid valve that shuts unit off. , booster pump that I paid 120.00 for and the pressure gauge. You don't need this pump if you have good water pressure. I'll still sell the unit for 100.00 ,but it won't included the solinoid shut of valve , since this will do you no good without the pump. If you want the pump the total is 160.00 plus shipping. You can check this unit out at Premium Aquatics . New with all the extras is 500.00 .
Thanks
Ralph
Hi. Just wondering why you are getting rid of this unit?
I am getting ready to set up a 65 gallon and was told that I needed a rodi unit. I am TOTALLY and I mean Totally new to this and have no idea about anything. I am reading
up though and did see something on ---- for about $190 or so..but again, I am not sure if I need this..Please help. thanks much

sweetdawn

you can go to walmart and get ro water from there machine i go to culligan and rabb and get ro water you dont have to have a unit. i have three tanks and i just take jugs to get ro water for 35 cents a gallon

ralphs007

Hi Lennon
I'm selling ro/di unit cause I'm getting out of the hobby.The unit you saw at ... is a bare bones unit compared to what I'm selling. Just compare what I'm offering to what they have to offer.Mine has a booster pump which gives you a higer yield of water if you have low water pressure , this pump cost 120.00. Mine also has an inline tds meter lets you know when its time to replace your di resin or ro membrane. It also has a solinoid valve which shuts unit off when you shut the power off to the booster pump. This was one of the best pieces of equipment that I ever bought for the hobby. No more time and energy wasted lugging bottles of water home! Plus with the tds meter you know your water is 99 % pure when you make it.
HTH
Ralph

K

kimc

You can buy RO water at most grocery stores... or Walmart. Look for the water machines cost .30 a gallon.... bring your own jugs!!!

lennon

Originally Posted by ralphs007
ro/di unit
Hi
Thanks
Ralph
Hi Ralph.
Am I missing something. I went on the site and saw this for what appears to be $230.
This included the shut off valve and was the high output one too. What extras made it cost
$500...
I just want to know so I can read the descriptions on the website.
Thanks again

ralphs007

Hi Lennon
This unit you saw doesn't have the following, Entire Booster Pump Assembly
* For low pressure situations. Every reverse osmosis system requires a minimum of 35 psi to operate
* Now all our Aquatec booster pumps come with a pressure switch, nothing extra to order!
Quantity
Price
Entire Booster Pump Assembly $159.00
I ordered this from Aqua fx I also paid 40.00 for the inline tds meter . plus the solinoid ac shut of valve 60.00. So when you add 160.00 booster pump
40.00 inline tds meter
60.00 solinoid shut off
220.00 ro/di unit
total 480.00 plus shipping and handling
So yes I'd say you missed something !!!
Thanks
Ralph
One more thing, this is where I bought the extra accessories, http://aquariumwaterfilters.com/RODI/water_pumps.html this is Aqua FX's web site.
Thanks
Ralph

lennon

Thanks Ralph. That explains it.
Now..Is this something I can hook up to my sink? I heard about units that avoid having to drag 5 gallon pails etc..
I am complete novice and have no idea on this but I know I need one.
Also, since these things have filters and such to change....when would I need to replace anything again?
Thanks again for being so helpful.
Bella

ralphs007

Hi Lennon
I just replaced the ro membrane and as far as the di resin chamber goes I'd guess it's good for at least six months. The charcoal filter is fine. As far as the micron filter goes I would replace it now, since there very cheap to replace. You can buy a faucet adapter for about five dollars. I have mine hooked up next to the clothes washer. I use the waste water for washing clothes since it fine for that. I ran 1/4'' tubing up from the basement to my sump upstairs , this way you just add water to the sump untill you replace the water that was evaporated.
I forgot to mention the unit has a flush valve and a di bypass valve that I paided 15.00 dollars for .
hth
Ralph
ps
do your research and you'll see what a good unit this is. Its loaded with a ton of important extras. When it came to my reef tank I always bought top of the line equipment!

new-b1

Lennon,
just wanted to let you know that I did finaly answered your post in the other Thread. I am sorry if this is out of line to the others here just wanted to get to Lennon ASAP.
Steve

unleashed

Originally Posted by HSanchez
Anybody around Midway airport, have a RO unit?? Or know where I could buy some water?? My LFS just moved. They used to be 100ft away from my front door

you can purchase an ro unit at sears price varies on size you buy.appliance department

chipmaker

Check out ---- ....there is one company that routinely sells RO/DI units for $100 to 125 which make up to 100 gpd. I have two of them, one still in the box and unused, and have been using the other since the day I received it and its fine. It has indicators that change color when filter carts are due change, and is one complete system with no extras needed to buy. Makes more water than I need, and with the distance I had to go to get RO/DI water it paid for itself in short order, even though I am only fooling with a 2 gal pico, but I have a 10 in the start and working at getting a 90 setup within the next month or so.......

lennon

Originally Posted by chipmaker
Check out ---- ....there is one company that routinely sells RO/DI units for $100 to 125 which make up to 100 gpd. I have two of them, one still in the box and unused, and have been using the other since the day I received it and its fine. It has indicators that change color when filter carts are due change, and is one complete system with no extras needed to buy. Makes more water than I need, and with the distance I had to go to get RO/DI water it paid for itself in short order, even though I am only fooling with a 2 gal pico, but I have a 10 in the start and working at getting a 90 setup within the next month or so.......
Can I hook it up to my sump? What brand is it?
thanks

chipmaker

Its Aqua-Aquarium brand, and it can be hooked directly into the sump if you use a float valve....Last two he had sold for $74.50 with about a $27 shipping fee, so its right around a hundred bucks. He always has them advertised on that "well known auction site" I tried to post that name in the first post but it got blanked out........do a seach on that auction site for aquasafesystems. If you add a pressure tank or pump then it can be hooked up to a ice maker, other than that a pump is not needed for aquarium use. Just use a needle piercing valve or hook it up to a faucet and start making your water. A pump can be had for about $65 if wanted and a faucet hookup adapter is something like $5.00 I just checked and there s a heap of them listed, along with a pressure tank as well as without a pressure tank, starting at 99 cents or some with buy it now prices......anyway they are a great unit, and hard to beat for the price, which is about 300 dollars less than my LFS sells the almost same exact thing for.

lennon

I will search it. I am so new to this and have no idea how to set up. All I know is that i want it to automatically top off and also be able to have some set aside for water changes. I think I may pay
the lfs to come and set all this stuff up for me since I would have no idea what to do. I wanted to do this myself..so I have no help from hubby with this..although I know he would help..but then again ,he is not much for reading instructions..lol

chipmaker

Originally Posted by Lennon
I will search it. I am so new to this and have no idea how to set up. All I know is that i want it to automatically top off and also be able to have some set aside for water changes. I think I may pay
the lfs to come and set all this stuff up for me since I would have no idea what to do. I wanted to do this myself..so I have no help from hubby with this..although I know he would help..but then again ,he is not much for reading instructions..lol
Don't worry about setup on a RO/DI unit.its pretty darn simple. Depending on what your hook us is (faucet or pipe) that you choose to use, its as simple as screwing on a garden hose or tightening two screws in a needle piercing valve... Turn on the valve/faucet and make your water..........

lennon

I searched aqua safe systems but nothing came up. when I searched ro/di...there is a bunch from the same person and they range from $59-199 or so. I am not sure what it is exactly that I would need for a tank my size 65. They have 5 stage, 6 stage etc.. I don't even know what that means...lol
I'll keep searching

chipmaker

I should have stated the name I gavce was the sellers name and its without spaces so a seacrh for that name under seller search would have gotten you to his items....... Allyou need is just what you see pictured there, plus whatever hookup you desire...don;t worry about the stages etc, its all part of the systems internals, and every item he sells as a coplete unit will give you your RO/DI water. ABout the only difference in the complete systems thats offered is one setup has a pressure tank, another has extra filters, membrane and pressiure gauges etc etc.....the cheap simple unit with or without pressure tank is what your looking for.....
Regards