Need some advice in general for my 30Gal

jmaggi

I have a 30 gallon Eclipse/Biowheel filtration tank.
50-60 lbs of LR.
2 1/2-3 in" of Live sand
2 no frills flouresent lights
visi jet protien skimmer
1 clown trigger
1 tomato clown
1 blue damsel
1 saddle back puffer
1 olive snail
1 mexican turbo snail
2 margarita snails
1 blue leged hermit crab
1 unidentified crab
butt load of hair alge
Every one gets along real well, and the tomato likes to rub up against the hair alge.
Would greatly apprecieate it on some advice in general...like I would like to add a anemone for the tomato, but would the anemone kill the other fish or vice versa?
What kind of lighting is best for the health of my fish, live rock and sand; and if I purchase an anemone?
Can a starfish be added?what is the max load of critters I can have but still maintain a healthy tank?
What creatures are helpfull in maintaining a healthy tank? :happyfish

Thanks for any help

rainfishy

Well- Welcome to the boards!!!!!
There are people on the board who will give you a very hard time for having a clown trigger in that size tank. They get really big!!
Anyways, it does seem like your biolaod is maxed which is probably resulting in high nitrates leading to hair algea. I obviously don't know for sure, just a guess. Do you test for nitrates??
I would NOT add a starfish to your tank. First they are very sensitive to nitrates and second most need LOTS of LR to survive.
Anemones are also extra sensitive to nitrates and they need special lights, atleast Power Compacts but better Metal Halides. They also need very established tanks. But they will not kill any fish.
HTH, again Welcome To The Boards :cheer: