Need some help

akinda

All my fish just died of diseases unknown to anyone i could have to take a look at my tank. They started out getting a grayish white slime on the french angel and my blue tang had ick it looked like and my lionfish had something that made behind his fin look all scraped up. i tryed to treat with rally and kickick together nothing happened. then i tryed treating with copper nothing happened. last i tryed fresh water dips al a salinity of 1.008 and they even stayed in there fpr a min showed no signs of stress and the parrisited did not die. my 2 clownfish were the last ones to get it and they only lived for 2 days after they got sick the rest lived like 2 weeks with it for some reason. ANyone have any idea what it could have been that infected them? BUt my main questyion is what do i have to do to get it out of my tank. and would any inverts carry the disease if i put them in with other fish when i start over in a little while.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying your clownfish had it first? Take a look at the clownfish in the Diseased Fish Thread that have brooklynella and the other pictures of fish with ich and wee if this was your problem.
Did you treat these fish in your display tank? What type of tank do you have?

akinda

no they golt it last. and died first but no it wasnt broollynia sure of that one. looked in there and didnt see anything like it in any pics acroos the internet. and the stuff fell off when the fish died

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did they get it very quickly? I am thinking at this point, possibly marine velvet. Did it look as if the fish were dusted with powder? Did you notice rapid breathing, and then fairly quick death?

akinda

with the clowns it looked like they had white dust stayed at the top breathing heavy and then died within 2 days. but the tang just had ick it looked like with a while slime. the french agel was poweder and its fins were starting to get real raggidy. I didnt get them into qt till they were real sick. cause i tryed rally and kick ick together. could it be that they were to far gone to save? it was weird my dwarfe lion seemed to have his side scaped it would heal then happened again. but nothing in the tank to scrape him. shouldnt copper have killed marine velvet?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
AKinda, leave your display fishless for 45 days. QT all fish in the future. Sorry to hear this sad news.

akinda

well im moving from a 46 bow front to a 125 so if i take all the lr and all and clean it will it be ok? also i plan on qting any fish i get in the future. that really sucked that all of my fish died. well really i might sound evil but my tang and lionfish were still alive but i tryed to cure them asnd they got worse i also tryed a freshwater dip and left them in for a min and nothing even came off them so i killed them to end there misery. i feel evil but they were in alot of pain u could tell.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You need to not expose those rocks or anything in that tank to fish for 45 days.