Need some help!

trigger40

newtofish lets not forget thes are god's crechrs i recomended damzels because they are cheap and they have adapted to the amonia. and after readig this thred. YOU ARE CRAZY BRO!!! lol

trigger40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/397223/need-some-help/40#post_3539923
Hey hey now trigger your the only one that agreed w him lol u cant back out now lol
well i read that on a book about marine aquariums and i had no idea what i was doing to the fish, all i knew was that i was cycling the tank. but the two damzels i baught turned out fine. the yellow tail is really nice he lets my cleaner wrass feed off of him and wont attac any of my fish but the black tip was horrible to every fish in ther. it took me to the breaking point to get him out. now he is in my qt while i find him a new home. im sorry for giving fals info because i care for m fish like i care for my dog. but i didnt notice any thing wrong with the fish. but i also dont reamember having the initial spke eather, and now i have pritty much my hole stock. should i be worried?!?

I plan on cycling my tank using the live rock and 1 fish I don't know what that fish will be but it will be cheap and I would love some recommendations on a good cheap hardy fish that could at least endure the cycle.

I'm down to a Red Mandarin or a 6 inch snowflake eel. I'm leaning towards the eel, problem is then id have to build a lid out of screen mesh and sticky Velcro tape.

Which would have a higher chance of survival?

Remember I have the 40 gallon on the way my buddy was kind enough to give to me, brand new. So the eel wouldn't be stuck in there long, I just need ideas on how to build the top. I'm thinking I go with a mesh screen which Im not sure which kind as I don't want the salt water to corrode it with Velcro. At least this is my plan for the 10 gallon.

I might let it sit for a week and ill be putting in the live rock and instant bacteria tomorrow ( the live rock which I will be getting free fully cured packed full of quarantined life and all. )

So I'm now looking for a recommendation on which mesh material is best suited to be cut without a problem but won't rust or corrode because of the salt water.

silverado61

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtofish1994 http:///t/397223/need-some-help/40#post_3539946
I'm down to a Red Mandarin or a 6 inch snowflake eel. I'm leaning towards the eel, problem is then id have to build a lid out of screen mesh and sticky Velcro tape.

Which would have a higher chance of survival?
If your going to use an eel to cycle your tank I doubt it'll make it a week. Eels need a tank that's already established to survive. Not one that's cycling.

jay0705

Try this hop your happy a** in the tank. Should only take a week or so and see how your eel oops I mean small bristle worm handles the cycle.

geridoc

Forget the mandarin. Most won't eat prepared foods and survive only by grazing on the Copepods in the system. This requires a very established, large system or continual expensive restocking with Copepods.

trigger40

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtofish1994 http:///t/397223/need-some-help/40#post_3539930
I plan on cycling my tank using the live rock and 1 fish I don't know what that fish will be but it will be cheap and I would love some recommendations on a good cheap hardy fish that could at least endure the cycle.
like i have said the yellow tail damzel. now i did it befor but if i wr asked to do it agen i would probaly say no but i am not gona tell a man what to do so if you are gona do it you might as well do it right. to get the initial spike you need to have a consistent food patters so probally three small meals a day. once befor you leave to do what ever you do during the day. once when you get back and then befor you get to bed. now make shur you get the true yellow tail damzel look it up befor you buy it, if you buy the wrong type of yellow tail it may ruin your experience. and if ther is any left over food it will just be too much even for the damzel. so besides that you are good to go.

michaeltx

This thread has quickly spun out of control by reading it and several posts having to be edited and deleted. So its getting locked.
To the original posted if you feel so please start a new thread.

To everyone that has chosen to flame and name call this is not what this site is about while we may disagree the final decision is up to the tank owner. We me not agree with it or condone it but it does not give free range to name call and flame anyone.

Mike