Need some help

cmpowell

I have lately been having some algea on the glass that is like little green and a reddish color specks that i have to scrub till i lose feeling in my arm.I tested as normal and readings are nitrites 0 trates 0 amm 0 PH 8.2.I have corraline all over and its not like that.Anyone have any thoughts on what i should try to correct it.Thanks Chris

dburr

Post all you can about your tank.
Lights-type,how old, how long are they on.
Size tank, sand bed, top off water.
How much LR/LS.
How old is the tank, live stock.
And anything else you can think of. We need more info to nail down a possible problem.
HTH

cmpowell

Lights 4 55wt pc 2 months old.Tank 55w/ 6" dsb 80lbs lr. Tank is 14 months old.Livestock,2 green chromis,1 velvet damsel and perc.3 pepp shrimp,sallylightfoot,1 emerald crab and some assorted shrooms that have been in for about 6 months.I wanted to wait and let my tank mature before i added anything else as far as corals are concerned.I have a Skilter 400 new filters added last sunday.I was running 2 power heads 1 MJ 900 and 1 600 but recently added a 1200 for more circulation. Oh and about 20 a piece of snails and scarlit hermits.I should have said this on my original post Duh:p .

cmpowell

Forgot the topoff water.It is walmart water which by the way is what i have used from the beginning.I think i got everything now.:D .Thanks Chris.:cool:

cmpowell

Draxx.It could be but it doesn't seem to have the rough texture like the purple which i have all over the back.It seems real smooth when i tried to rub it off with my finger just to see.