Need some ideas for some color in an agressive tank

harndog

I have a 175 as most of you know. Anyway added a SF and Blue Tang 2 months ago then 2 or 3 weeks ago added a DF puffer all was good until Monday eveing added a wolf eel the next day everything seemed ok but the eel had not eat yet first full day in the tank all is good no big deal. That night my blue tang died (she ate good that day and everything) Now I am not sure what to do from here it will be at least 3 weeks maybe a month before I add another fish I want a v lion or a russels also want some other swimmers with color would a grouper or two be ok? maybe some type of hardy angel or wrasse? Need some help. I assume the blue tang just stressed?? the levels are 0 across the board. have snails crabs and p shrimp living in the tank as well as some zoos and shrooms all doing fine. some say the lion and puffer will not work others say it will. Fenner says it will in his book? what do some of you with experince in the same type setups have to say???????

boalgf

I have a fish only set up also. I know for sure my porc puffer wouldn't work with a lion. He already nips at my marine beta. For colorful fish I added a powder blue, blue hippo, emperor angel and foxface. I have a Zebra eel, but he hardly comes out of the rockwork, same with the beta. Yellow tangs are very vibrant, or you could try one of the larger, colorful wrasses.

wanabebell

I agree with the harlequin tusk...
I if you want to see some good color you could also look for a miniata grouper
I have one and hes fantastic

harndog

Both have been considered and may do the grouper or maybe a blue dot. Also really considering a blue moon angel. The only thing I worry about with the HT is him nipping my eel Unleashed was kind enough to answer another post of mine that provided this info. It's hit and miss from what she said I really like them and may try it anyway but not sure.
I think with this list spreading out until late summer I will be done.
SF tang 8 inches now
df puffer about 3 to 4 inches and growing daily (i swear it's crazy how much he is growing)
Wolf eel about 14 inches now and very fat.
will soon add
V lion
M or BD grouper
large angel most likley blue moon if I can get one
That would be it I think anymore would be to much even for a 175 and this may be pushing it a little. thinking about looking for used 55 to make a refuge/ sump instead of my wet dry oceanic 40 gal. the Coral life skimmer is kicking but now though