Need Suggestions on Additional Fish

ccampbell57

Ok so here is the update. I have a Blueline in QT at the LFS and am still debating on this fish. I also have ordered a Clown trigger and he will be in my QT on Wednesday morning

Do you guys think that I should put the blueline and the clown in together? Or just keep the clown?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Ok so here is the update. I have a Blueline in QT at the LFS and am still debating on this fish. I also have ordered a Clown trigger and he will be in my QT on Wednesday morning

Do you guys think that I should put the blueline and the clown in together? Or just keep the clown?
How big is the Blueline? And the Clown?
I think it sounds great if they are Juvi's. From reading other threads from you it sounds like you plan to move to a bigger tank eventually? The notoriously aggressive Triggers (Blueline, Clown, Undulate, Queen, and Titan) are known to "snap" and turn from semi-peaceful to nasty overnight. I will give you my example....The Undy I babysat was in a big tank (240) with 4 "cycle damsels". Everything was great for almost 6 months, then in one night he killed all 4 damsels...He didn't even really eat them, just killed them. Undy is probably the worst of the bunch, not trying to scare you, just keep a watchful eye as they mature. You already have some "bad boys" in there, so hopefully having these two as the last introductions, they will not turn in the "Alphas" they otherwise would.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
How big is the Blueline? And the Clown?
I think it sounds great if they are Juvi's. From reading other threads from you it sounds like you plan to move to a bigger tank eventually? The notoriously aggressive Triggers (Blueline, Clown, Undulate, Queen, and Titan) are known to "snap" and turn from semi-peaceful to nasty overnight. I will give you my example....The Undy I babysat was in a big tank (240) with 4 "cycle damsels". Everything was great for almost 6 months, then in one night he killed all 4 damsels...He didn't even really eat them, just killed them. Undy is probably the worst of the bunch, not trying to scare you, just keep a watchful eye as they mature. You already have some "bad boys" in there, so hopefully having these two as the last introductions, they will not turn in the "Alphas" they otherwise would.
KJR - thanks for the concern. I have thought about it and I will most likely just go with just the clown trigger. I have read that the Blueline, Titan, and Queen are on the same scale as far as nastiness is concerned. Also, the blueline is one of the larger triggers in the market. I think that the trigger's aggressiveness will be quickly subdued by the Angels. These guys dont take S from anything.
My goal in 2 years is to upgrade to a 400-500 gallon tank. When this happens, I will make that an Angel tank and then have the triggers in my 180 or make it a reef (decisions, decisions).